TfL are in advanced talks to completely revamp the Croydon fiveways, based between Purley and Thornton Heath on the A23 route. These changes include:
- Replacing the Purley Way bridge with a wider structure (and realigning it to the West & to introduce segregated cycle lanes. Acquisition of property to the west of this would need to be achieved.
- Simplifying Fiveways Corner by realigning Denning Avenue to reduce the number of junction arms from five to four. This would require acquisition of property at Fiveways Corner
- Providing signalised pedestrian and cycle crossings and cycle advanced stop lines on all arms of the junction
- Creating a new public space and installing new cycle parking
- Improving pedestrian access to Waddon Station by widening footways and improving crossing facilities
- Introducing segregated ‘stepped’ cycle lanes in both directions, removing all parking bays and converting Epsom Road to two-way traffic from the junction with the A23 to Duppas Hill Road
- Permitting the left-turn from the A23 into Epsom Road
- Introducing a new northbound bus lane on Stafford Road between Fiveways Corner and the junction with Epsom Road, and creating inset parking bays on Stafford Road to allow for safer cycling and bus lane widening
- Banning the left turn from Stafford Road into Epsom Road
Have a look at the TfL’s consultations page, there you will have a voice and can have your say. You have about 1-2 weeks before this closes.