Here is some interesting facts about London’s orange line, the Overground.
- The Overground is operated by a private company, Arriva Rail London.
- Although a TfL service, the Overground is part of the National Rail network, unlike the Underground.
- There are 6 current types of Overground trains that are in use today.
- London Overground will run 24-hour trains on Friday and Saturday nights between Dalston Junction and New Cross Gate from December 2017.
- There are proposals to extend the Overground further under the River Thames to Thamesmead, and then on Abbey Wood to connect with the future Crossrail line.
- Their orange livery comes from their predecessors, which were based in East London.
If you have any comments, or if you think that some of this information is wrong, please let me know!